Thursday 8 April 2010

And so it begins...

Hello there :-)

Well I guess i'd better start this blog by introducing myself, my name is Paul Davis and I'm a 22 year old English guy who has just broken into the live stunt show business, so far I have already performed in 2 live-action shows in Indonesia playing the part of Cyclops in the X-Men. I write to you now from the latest venue of the show, Movie Park, Dusseldorf, Germany.

The purpose of this blog is mainly to keep in touch with all my friends and family back home but i'm hoping to accumulate some new followers from the world wide webs :-)

Today is actually my second day here but i've only just been able to buy a USB dongle enabling me to get online.

I arrived in Germany yesterday afternoon along with Wolverine (Jason) and his wife. We were met at the airport and taken to our current accomodation, a series of rooms above an American style diner. Eventually most of the cast will end up residing here but we are still waiting for documentation for some of the performers.

We are due to start rehearsing the show on Monday but find ourselves restricted by many factors including the arrival of the set itself and, as previously mentioned, some of the performers.

Over the next few months I hope to keep this blog updated with all goings on, proffesional and social to give you guys an impression of what it's like working in the live-action stunt industry. Once I get to grips with the system then I can hopefully upload photos and videos too :-) For now though it looks like i'll be using the blog to keep myself from getting too bored during the day, I'm having to share the USB dongle so will not be online 24/7, this may change once the local Vodafone shop gets some more dongles delivered.

I hope you all are looking forward to reading these posts as i am about writing them, it's always nice to feel like i'm sharing this awesome experience :-)

Peace out for now! Coming soon, the arrival of more cast and our first visit to Movie Park itself.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, i'm trying to keep some dignity here :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. spice it up man there are 2 reasons why people read blogs
    1. because they are interesting
    2. because they have nice pictures in them
    3 the person who has written them sounds ZAAAAAWSOME, its a blog not an english essay ;)
    feel free to read my blog if your bored, it has nice pictures ;) hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete